Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Yo Soccer Fan.

The story of the Boy's comment in the backseat ("I guess were not going to win the trophy...") made the rounds at the soccer pitch last night. Come to find there is no trophy and that every player will get a medal. The last game is next Tuesday (weather permitting) and there's a kids vs. parents match. I'm thinking maybe it might be the Blue Monkey's first and only victory of the season. 

Last night I was there in my Canada chair and the open air reading my book while the Monkeys practiced in vain. Final score: 7-0. The Boy wanted to help carry stuff from the car into the house when it was all over, and so I gave him my book. He asked me what the book was called.

Me: Catch-22.

Boy: Do you have Catch-21?

Me (smiling): No.

Boy: I think you should start with Catch-1.

No comments: