Thursday, August 05, 2004

Mercedeses Rule.

From the recesses of my recent memory:


We were driving down the local highway which, as usual, was choked with traffic in both directions. As we crawled along, up toward us came a very nice Mercedes convertible, kind of a light olive green in colour. It looked very rich. The Boy took note of it as it crept by us in the other direction.


Boy: That's the car I'm going to have.

Me: Well, that's a pretty expensive car. You're going to have to get a pretty good job to be able to afford a car like that. Are you going to be a professional golfer?

Boy: No, I don't want to be a professional golfer.

Me: Well, what about a professional soccer player?

Boy: No, I want to be an artist. Or I'm going to be a teacher.


I thought, "There goes the Mercedes...." 

No comments: