Thursday, April 27, 2006

What A Drag It Is Getting Old

The great Florida Blogging mystery comes to you courtesy a 40-something mental decline and the ol' "there's-never-a-pen-and-paper-around-when-you-need-it."

Wife and I are driving down Commercial Boulevard just north of Fort Lauderdale and I asked her if she had a pen and paper to write down a list of blog entries I wanted to capture for when we got home. There were three of them. Wife says to me, You tell them to me and I'll remember them. There are three, I said, and told her. Perhaps it was only the next day when we were reviewing these items. I said, there's this one, and that one... what was the other one?

I can't remember, says Wife. I remember it was the funny one.

Right, I said. The third one was the funny one.

A couple of days later, we could, neither of us, remember what the second one was either.

Trust me, you would have laughed until you stopped.

All that remains is:

Boy and I are sitting in our executive class seats on the way to Toronto, our first leg in getting to Fort Lauderdale. The flight attendant comes by with an armload of newspapers. She looks at me.

Flight Attendant: Globe and Mail?

Boy: No thank you.

The others were funnier. Man, were they funny.

I wish I could remember what they were......


No comments: