Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Supper's Cold

Supper time at our house tends to lack some necessary degree of discipline. Often it's catch-as-catch-can when Mommy is away at work and Daddy is trying to get everything ready for him and the Boy. Combine that and the TV that's always turned on and what you get is a Boy who rarely is sitting properly in his chair eating his supper.

Last night, lo and behold, the three of us were at the table at the same time. It didn't start that way; Mamma had the early shift at work and so I didn't get home until after 5:30, walking in the front door to see everyone else already at the table. Within a few minutes I had my supper in front of me and was sitting down to eat. Moments after that, the Boy was out of his chair, maneuvering into mine, actually to sit on my lap.

Me: Go back and sit in your own chair now, while Daddy eats his supper.

Boy: I'm cold and I want to cuddle.

Me: Well, if you're cold, why don't you go and put on a sweater?

Boy: Cuddles are better than sweaters.

No comments: