Monday, October 24, 2005

Battlestar Galactica

Yesterday was Sunday and it rained and it was cold. Sunday is supposed to be golfing day for the Boy and me but the last three or four in a row have all been the same: heavy rain. Cold.

Time is running out. The golf course closes after Halloween. That means there's exactly ONE Sunday left for us to play.

So instead we spent the day inside. The TV was on.

Battlestar Galactica came on at 7:00, but I think it was from watching a preview where the Boy got a good look at Tricia Helfer who plays the Cylon credited as "Number 6". She's completely gorgeous, if you'll allow me an understatement. There's a picture following the link under her name ... it's a somewhat risqué, PG-13, children must be accompanied by an adult, look if you dare picture. I'll wait.

Beautiful, blonde, plays a role that is sexy, smart and deadly, a body that men would go to war for. Former Victoria Secret model. Canadian.

So the Boy (still barely six years old) sees her on TV asks me:

Boy: Why didn't you marry a girl like her?

Now, there are a lot of incorrect ways to answer this question.

Like, "Beautiful, blonde and killer body, yeah, why didn't I marry a girl like her?" or "Because I married your mother instead" both would probably rank right up there near the top. I stifled a laugh and told him "Well, if I did, you wouldn't be here." I don't know whether he understood what I meant, but he seemed satisfied with it.

(Hope his mommy is too.)

Later in the evening we're watching the the E! Hollywood True Story about William Shatner, on Space. Inevitably, they run a commercial for Battlestar Galactica. In keeping with the style of the Galactica's opening, the commercial is frenetic and frantic half-second cuts between all the different kinds of action, fighting Cylons, space battles, love interests, characters being chased through the rain, characters being chased through the ship, characters chased through space. Included in this montage were a couple of shots of not-my-wife Number Six, showing her from the back, nude from the waist up. The commercial ends.

Boy: It's about kissing and naked and shooting.

No comments: