Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rotundity & Innocence

The time between Christmas and Easter has been an orgy of chocolate. Toblerone bars, Pot of Gold, Cadbury Easter eggs, mini-eggs, Tim Horton's Cafe Mocha. Chocolate and more chocolate. It has resulted in an unfavourable personal expansion. That is to say, I have not enjoyed the picture of me in the mirror. So having neglected going to the gym for some time now, I have been forced to face up to my flabby physique and get myself back to working out on a regular basis as well as trying to curb the intake of all that junk.

I have also been conscious of the Boy's habit of eating the minimum at suppertime and then spending the rest of the evening asking for snacks and treats. Finally, with my own issues clearly in mind, I confronted him about his evening eating habits. You're not supposed to do this, I know, because it can create the seeds of an eating disorder, but I told him that if he keeps it up eating treats all the time in the evening he was going to end up with a fat belly.

Boy: Like you...?


Me (deep inward sigh): Yeah. Like me.

No comments: