Monday, May 23, 2005

The Only Other Certain Thing In Life.

Tax time has come and gone except, there I am, papers strewn over the dining room table, using the last day of the Victoria Day long weekend to do what I had resolved to do early this year.

It's been a horrible weekend, again.

The Boy and I have our golf day every Sunday when the course has "Family Day" and the youngsters get to play a pretty expensive course for free.

Outside the wind pounds the rain against the dining room window. It's rained the last four out of four Sundays. Last week the weather was just marginal enough for us to go out and play. That makes us a depressing one-for-four since the golf course opened. Today, Monday, is no better. The forecast for the rest of the week is cloudy, rain, rain, rain, rain. And cold. Make that, continuing cold.

The silver lining is that I'm finally getting my taxes done. The Boy and I have been playing Crash Bandicoot (which he now insists on calling by its proper name - Crash Nitro Kart) and Roller Coaster Tycoon all weekend. I pried myself away telling him I would need a couple of hours to do my income tax.

An hour or some later, he's up to see if I'm ready to come back and resume my fatherly duty of playing video games. He asks if I'm finished ... something it sounded like Frankentax, which I thought was pretty funny.

Me: Am I finished what?

Boy: Are you all done with your inky tax?

No comments: