Friday, September 09, 2005

A Strong Stomach.

Yesterday, I saw my shadow.

Unfortunately, this didn't mean that we were going to get an extra 6 weeks of summer, it only afforded me another view of my protruding front porch of a stomach. Getting old sucks, by the way.

After my half-round (which didn't go well) I picked the Boy up from his after school program. We pulled into the driveway and there was lots of stuff to take into the house. And the Boy left his window down. So in all I made two trips to fish stuff out of the car. The Boy watched me from the front door of the house. When he started talking, I had a pretty good idea where the conversation was going to end up.

Boy: Daddy, you have a really strong bum.

Me: Yeah? I do?

Boy: Yes. When you sat down in the car I saw it go way down and when you got out I saw the car go up again.

No comments: