Monday, September 06, 2004

Who Wrote "The Diary Of Anne Frank"?

From my door, mere moments by car and I'm in the parking lot for the walking trail leading to Jack's Lake. As of today, I've been on the trail twice. The first time was with Wife and Boy and was notable because I think it was the only time we actually used the child carrier that you wear like a backpack to take along your infant. So that first time we went must have been at least three years ago, maybe four. The trip yesterday was kind of neat to see all the trees pushed over by the hurricane. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

It's such a beautiful day, this holiday Monday and I decide it's too nice to sit inside and play Roller Coaster Tycoon all day, so I propose to a Boy that we go out for a hike. He's all for it. He asks his best friend Olivia, and she's all for it too. Olivia's dad will make it a foursome.

We go outside and start to get everyone piled into the car. The neighbours, Kim, Kevin and their new addition Nicholas are in their driveway as we get set to head off. The Boy wishes to proclaim the good news.

Boy: We're going on a hike!

Kimmy: Oh wow! Where are you going?

Boy: On a hike!

No comments: